Non-Filed Tax Returns

What Happens If I Don’t File a Tax Return?

Tax interest and penalties can add up quickly on unfiled tax returns. If you didn’t file a tax return or you filed but did not pay the amount owed, that can certainly put you in a bad standing with the IRS. The longer you let this matter go without addressing it, the more of a hole you are putting yourself in with the IRS.

NOT Filing Your Tax Returns is a Criminal Offense

The punishment for not filing your tax returns can be one year in prison for every year your taxes go unfiled. It is only a matter of time before the IRS catches up with you. The IRS is constantly getting more thorough on its investigations and ability to track unfiled tax returns. Let The Trippon Group provide peace of mind by getting you back in the good graces of the IRS. Filing your past tax returns will help you avoid aggressive collection tactics of the IRS and reduce interest and penalties payments.

Here is What We Can Do To Get Your Unfiled Taxes Compliant

First of all, we need to get you caught up with your tax filings. By having your unfiled returns file with the help of a tax professional, you can take advantage of the deductions and allowances that are allowed to you. This will not eliminate you from owing the any back taxes owed, but it will put you in the right directions with the IRS to resolve the issues. If you wait for the IRS to assess the amount owed, they will do so with the best interest of the government in mind. By filing your deliquent tax returns, you can save yourself from any futher issues of the IRS.

Put Knowledge and Experience on Your Side

Put our over 80 year of combined experience to work for you, when you need it most. Let us build the best case to support your position when you have unfiled tax returns. We have vast knowledge of the law applicable to your situation and we understand how the IRS will interpret those laws. Our tax resolution professionals have worked with hundreds of clients to negotiate the best possible outcome when resolving unfiled tax returns.

You can face the IRS with confidence knowing you have trusted tax advice from an experienced team. Call us today at 713-661-1040 or fill out the information below and one of our seasoned tax professionals will contact you right away.

Knowledge Center

Are You a Manager with a major Houston Employer? For corporate executives with major Houston empl

by: Proactive Tax PlanningAugust 23, 2018


Tax accounting and tax planning are two of the most important key features in personal financial pla

by: Tax PreparationAugust 23, 2018


When the IRS notifies you of an audit, knocks on your door, or sends you a letter demanding addition

by: IRS Dispute ResoltionAugust 23, 2018


Increase Your Tax Refund by Consulting an Income Tax Preparation Expert Its income tax time again

by: Business ConsultingAugust 23, 2018


Knowing what your business competitors are up to is an important part of strategy, but when it comes

by: Forensic AccountingAugust 23, 2018